Tuesday 26 April 2016

Evaluation- Use Of technology- Teaser Trailer

After I filmed all of my shots, I imported them in to the Media Composer software which is where all of my editing was done.


To film my teaser trailer, I used a digital video camera (Panasonic HDC TM900) which was easy to use, was able to film all my shots and the ones I didn't want or wasn't happy with I just simply erased it.



After filming all of my shots, I uploaded the shots into the systems and arranged them in the form of bins so I had easy access to each of the footage and would result in a much smoother and continuous trailer.



In my trailer i used a variety of voiceover and I had to add an effect on each of the voices I recorded to the one that I wanted. For Alex's voice (Recording of person who took over the program) I had to lower the pitch of his voice and adding a chorus effect so it sounds like his voice is being disguised to hide his identity and again for my voiceover in the trailer (On the phone to the main protaganist), my voice was equalised, meaning I too out the bass and treble sound out and kept the middle frequency so it sounded like I was on the phone






In all of the trailers that I researched, in the beginning of it, it had the production company logos and at different points of the trailer they add the taglines and at the end they put the billing, so after I edited my taglines and billing which was done through photoshop elements, I then put them all in one folder so when it comes to the relevant parts, I was able to put them straight in which helped a lot with the smooth running of making my trailer.



In a lot of the action trailers that I researched they used a variety of different effects to make it sound more dramatic and gets the audience more involved in whats happening in the trailer, so I picked the ones that I thought was appropriate for my trailer and put it all in one folder so would be a lot easier to access them and was able to put them in the necessary places.




In the picture below was the stage in middle of the editing, the left screening is the part before the editing, I opened each shot and trimmed it down to find the best take of the shot and once I did find the best one I transferred into the right screening which is the actual running of my trailer, by having two screens made the editing a whole lot easier.





The multitrack in the software meant that I was able to add different layers of shots, audio, sound effects and cuts/fades to where I wanted them, moving the elements around to where I desired.



Whilst researching other trailers I realised they tend to use a lot of fades in between the shots in the beginning so I incorporated that and used the effect in my trailer, the uses of fades in the trailer between the shots helps make it smoother and let's it run in more of a flow as well as making it more dramatic and gives you a mysterious glimpse on what's happening.



Some of the shots I took, I wasn't happy with the framing the characters were sometimes too far on either side of the shot and it showed too much background which is an irrelevant part, so in order to make the shot look more dramatic I resized the frame of the shot, making it closer to the characters to help focus it on the tussle between them since that is what I wanted the audience to focus on which helps it make it more engaging and entertaining for the audience.



No comments:

Post a Comment