Wednesday 20 April 2016

Evaluation- Poster

In What Ways Does Your Media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?

Below is my finished poster


In the beginning of mr research for posters I had to look at a variety of them from different genres and had to point out the similar conventions they had between them which will help in what is needed to be put on my poster. For example I picked ANTMAN ( a sci-fi genre), WHITE CHICKS (a comedy genre), KNOCK KNOCK (a horror genre), SOUTHPAW ( a action genre) and LEGEND (a drama genre) and at the end I had to show that no matter what the genre is the conventions of each of these posters are still very similar. 


After analysing these posters I decided I wanted to do an action teaser trailer so therefore I done research on five action poster and found that the conventions on them is the name of the film, taglines, name of star(s), image of stars etc. I also looked at these posters in terms of the colour, font and layout.


After researching action posters it gave  me a clearer idea on what conventions are found in action posters so it would help me when I create my own action poster, i included on my poster these conventions which would all indicate that it's an action genre. Below are the conventions that are found in poster which include image/name of stars, title of film, billings etc.








After learning the conventions that is on action posters, I then incorporated them into my poster to make it look authentic like any other action poster.








No comments:

Post a Comment